Associate in Applied Science Degrees

Associate Degrees are usually 2-year programs (full-time) designed to prepare the student for employment. A specified number of general education classes in subject areas such as English and math are required, depending on the program. About 75 percent of the course work required for the A.A.S. is directly in the particular major or field of study, or very closely related to it. The remaining 25 percent of the course work is in General Education. Some IVCC degrees and certificates may lead to licensure and will be cross listed.